Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

New Years Resolutions (in August)

Thanks for all your comments on my last post. I am feeling encouraged enough that I am making a new year's resolution (even though it is well into the year). It feels like a new year to me though because as an academic, I am more in tune with the school cycle than any other. So I resolve that this year I am going to become more involved...with everything. I will try to attend at least one parent event at each child's school and I will try to make at least one new friend and go to lunch at least once per qtr with my old ones. I am a little nervous, but also excited.

Things here continue to be good. My daughter started kindergarten yesterday. Many of the parents were weepy, but I was only mildly so. I love school so much, I was really excited for her more than anything else. She had a great time and can't wait to go back. My son starts a new year of preschool on Monday, and soon we return to "normal" routine. Oh well...there goes my 1/2 hr of sleeping in.

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger EcoGeoFemme said...

Those resolutions sound great. I love new years resolutions. The best ones that are really specific, like instead of "I'll keep the house cleaner" it's "I will will dust and vacuum the living room once a week". Good luck!

 
At 1:01 AM , Anonymous custom college essay said...

All my life I am struggling with my desire to engage in many cases) in the end - do not do almost anything.

 
At 9:58 AM , Anonymous Homjak said...

To meet the goals of modern society and higher education as a foundation of it, all universities use short written materials as its major part. Once a learner is given a complicated one topic with lots of derivatives and key objectives to be indicated, he can ultimately use http://goodexamplepapers.com/category/example-research-proposals/ and get considerable assistance the very same day, a week or a period of time needed to complete current task in a skilled and unique way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?