Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Yearly Reviews

I just had annual reviews and everything went really well. My chairs said that I was doing everything that can be expected from a 1st year faculty and to keep up the good work. So right now I am riding a wave of high enthusiasm. My reception at the conference last week was excellent and I am getting good reviews so everything is great.

I am so excited about where my lab is. We have so much potential. The key for us over the next year will be to focus, see some successful projects through and get some publications. It is so hard with a new lab. My postdocs are great, but the students spend so much time in class. Honestly sometimes my undergrads get more done than the grad students just do to courseloads. Well heres hoping for a very productive summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?