Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Friday, January 16, 2009

How to get your students in the lab

I just figured out a fantastic way to get students into the lab. The temperature outside is below zero and most of them have poor heating. Presto! This morning ALL yes ALL of my students (except for UGs in class) were busily working in my well-heated lab. I didn't see anyone warming their hands over the hot plates, but its not inconceivable.

I am also pretty excited because my plan to publish is working. I submitted two papers in Dec, and one yesterday, and have three more in the pipeline. So, I am steadily moving forward. Yaaaay.

So other than being freezing cold. Life here is good. (pass me a hotplate)

2 Comments:

At 6:10 PM , Blogger Marianne said...

I found myself much more productive during heatwaves in grad school. We had AC in the lab but not in the office.

 
At 11:00 PM , Blogger TheDiversePhD said...

And in the summer, free AC.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?