Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Top Ten List for Travel

Top Ten Things I Love About Travel

1. No one wakes me up at 6 AM to ask for waffles.
2. No cooking, no dishes, no laundry.
3. No students.
4. Time to watch TV
5. Room service
6. Airports with Free Wi-Fi
7. My IPod
8. Not having to attend all those meetings while I am away
9. People drive me around for a change.
10. Quiet time. (Sometimes I forget this exists).


Top Ten Things I hate about Travel
1. Always seem to be on the 6 AM flight.
2. No cooking, no dishes, no laundry, means more cooking, dishes, and laundry when I get back.
3. Students don't go into lab when I am gone. No data.
4. TV always seems vapid (especially the week before elections).
5. Room service adds 5 lbs, must hit the gym more.
6. Airport delays.
7. IPod battery.
8. Getting assigned lots of tasks in those meetings I didn't attend.
9. No idea what kids are doing in school, extracurriculars.
10. Miss family terribly.

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM , Blogger Julia said...

AirPorts with wireless? I seem to never fly from these, you are lucky. Did you get tagged already? TAG!!!

 
At 11:49 PM , Blogger Julie @ Bunsen Burner Bakery said...

"Students don't go into lab when I am gone. No data."

Ah-ha. Thank you for confirming this. I have long suspected that I am the only brainwashed sucker who continues to work 16 hour days when my PI is out of town. Perhaps I need to remedy this when he leaves the country on Thursday.

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Bully mom said...

I may not go into the office, but I am working from home. That's the beauty of computers and not working in a wet lab.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?