Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

To Federal Agencies: Please Give Me $$$

Not really sure what to write this week. It was pretty boring here. I am feverishly working on a grant for a Sept 15 deadline with a clinical collaborator who is crazy busy. We desperately need money so virtually all my efforts are going into grant writing. On a positive note, a local company is interested in collaboration and may give us some research $$, which will help, and I have drafts of our first two lab manuscripts sitting in my inbox, so a pretty good week, I guess. But truth is no matter how many papers I put out in the next few months, if more money doesn't come in we will be broke. Guess I should get back to writing.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, PhD Mom!

 
At 4:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope the grant application gets through!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?