Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Outreach

Today I got to participate in my first outreach activity. I had a lunch with a prospective undergrad interested in my field and his parents . It was really exciting because I love talking about my field with new people, particularly sharing the enthusiasm I have for the subject. I hope that this will be the first of many activities along these lines.

Lab Update: I will try to get pictures soon, but my floors are indeed waxed and polished, and the group occupying my second lab has begun to move out. Also, BIG lab equipment started to roll off the truck, but I don't have a place for it yet as the benches haven't arrived. I still think I'm on track for first experiments in Sept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?