Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Setting up a lab is hard!

I cannot tell you what the last two weeks have been like. Most of my time has been spent meeting with sales reps. Some are good, some are bad, but setting up a lab is HARD! I keep telling myself, when this product comes in I can finally do my first experiment. Then I remember, hey I need gas, and the gas cylinder has to be attached to something, and that requires facilities, and who is going to do the plumbing me or the facilities, because if it's me I have no tools. Darn! Mental note, need to buy tools and toolbox. And this is how my days have gone. It is crazy!!!!! I thought I might have my first experiments in a month or two from my arrival. Now I am not so sure. Despite all of this, I am having the time of my life and couldn't wish for anything more exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?