Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The big day is coming up!

Well, I know my posts have been few and far between for the last month or so. I have been super swamped. We moved into a new house and got settled, and next week I start my job at R1U. I am so excited. In some ways it feels like I am already there. I got tagged for a review article, which I finished the second week of my 'vacation' after the move. Then, the third week I got asked to help write a grant (my first as co-PI). If we get it I get lots of money for three years so I am really excited, but it took almost the whole week. Then someone asked me to review a paper, and it was really closely related to my work so I felt obligated to look at it. Then, just as I finished that and thought I could finally settle in, I was asked to write a book chapter. The jury is still out on that one. I have already written one book chapter and a review article this year (well coming out this year anyway). Do you guys think I should do it?

Given all of this I think I now understand why my professors never had any time. This kind of stuff keeps you so busy and I haven't even started teaching yet!

Well, I hope to start my regular posts again next week (after the holidays of course).

See you then!

2 Comments:

At 12:13 AM , Blogger Female Science Professor said...

My usual response to being asked to write things is to say yes, but I am trying to say no more and more. It's hard though..

http://science-professor.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?