Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Post Apocalypse (Oh and BTW I got tenure)

Well, yesterday I chopped all my hair, and I have to say not as bad as I thought. I look okay bald, actually quite butch. If I got a nose ring and some leather, I could totally pull that look off. Also, doesn't look too bad with a hat; the wig however is an absolute disaster. It looks like a cross between Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson all while having the appearance of being totally fake. What's up with these ladies that have such awesome wigs!!! Mine looks awful! I am going to send it to my stylist to try to get it rehabilitated tomorrow, but in the meantime, I guess its just hats.

On another note, which I should be a lot more excited about, my tenure is officially through. My husband asked what I want to do to celebrate and I said I just want a wig that doesn't make me look like a street walker. I guess I can use that raise to get a new one?

7 Comments:

At 4:59 PM , Blogger Marianne said...

Congratulations! What a rollercoaster couple of weeks for you.

 
At 6:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA on tenure... and don't sweat being bald, hun -- it can get you lots of little benefits.... and you hear lots of cancer stories.

Concerning cancer stories, if they contain the word "died", stop listening. If they contain the words "a long time ago" and "still doing great" commit them to memory.

Ask your oncology nurses about the cold pack for the head option --

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger Super Babe said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING TENURE!!! :)

As for the wigs, good luck with your stylist... enjoy your hats (or have you tried just using turbans or something along those lines???)

Sending lots of happy congratulating thoughts your way!!! :)

 
At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Yael said...

Yay on tenure!!!

Have you looked at sheitel shops? My cousin got one that looked exactly like her hair.

 
At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding a wig is like finding clothes that make you look great. Go to the best shop you can find and find the best salesperson - not the one that wants to make a sale but the one that is really picky about what looks good.

Congrats on tenure!

 
At 6:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Add in some things that help you relax like taking a walk, enjoying a bubble bath or getting a massage so that you ensure you are meeting your emotional and physical needs. Thanks for sharing.
creativebioscience.com

 
At 8:18 AM , Anonymous Weight Loss Punch said...

In religious contexts it is usually a revelation of hidden meaning hidden from human knowledge in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?