Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Work-Life Balance Redux

My husband is working a consulting gig right now. meaning that for the last 4-5 weeks he has only been home on the weekend. On a positive note, this has been great for my productivity. I can work as late as I want in the evening with no pressure and I have pumped out my tenure package and 3 papers in the last month.

I love my job. I really do, but after over a month, it is getting a little old. Sometimes it is an excess that shows us where our priorities lie, and as much as I have enjoyed this time to clear out my inbox, I miss my husband. Kids are great, but it is not the same. So DH, come home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?