Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Work-Life Balance Redux

My husband is working a consulting gig right now. meaning that for the last 4-5 weeks he has only been home on the weekend. On a positive note, this has been great for my productivity. I can work as late as I want in the evening with no pressure and I have pumped out my tenure package and 3 papers in the last month.

I love my job. I really do, but after over a month, it is getting a little old. Sometimes it is an excess that shows us where our priorities lie, and as much as I have enjoyed this time to clear out my inbox, I miss my husband. Kids are great, but it is not the same. So DH, come home.

5 Comments:

At 4:58 AM , Blogger ashtonmullens said...

The balance between life and work is always an issue for a man as well as for a woman. Especially, when you are a PhD or an educator. It's easier for a dissertation writer or thesis editor. While you stand the pressure of the scientific work, you don't need to actually contribute to its articles and pre-dissertation debates.

 
At 6:46 AM , Blogger Isabell Kiral said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Dissertation Writing Services UK said...

Excellent post. I am delighted to see your post. Your blog is also very amazing. I appreciate your hard work. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. Get help from dissertation writing services , a distinctive writing company UK.

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger Isabell Kiral said...

Thanks for sharing this post. I really liked this post. You are great writer. I am impressed by your blog. Your blog is also very much attractive. I appreciate for your hard work. Amazing work. Get help from dissertation proposal writing services , a No.1 writing company UK.

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Achieving work-life balance can be challenging, but it's essential for our overall wellbeing. With Meri Sehat's online medical services,dr booking appointments with healthcare professionals is easy and convenient. Let's prioritize our health and use these resources to ensure we're taking care of ourselves while balancing our busy schedules.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?