Why my husband is awesome
In a few weeks my husband and I will go on a second honeymoon. We are celebrating 10 years of marriage. I've been thinking a lot about those ten years and it has made me realize that I am 100% where I am today because of the support and advice of my husband. So here are all the reasons why my husband is awesome.
1. When working in industry after my BS. at a job that I hated told me to quit and do what I *really* wanted to do which was to be a professor.
2. Followed me 4 times (after BS, to PhD institution, to post-doc, and to faculty position) without complaint.
3. Babysat 2 year old daughter while I traveled virtually every week for 3 months while looking for faculty positions.
4. Took same daughter to water park every weekend for 3 months while I wrote my dissertation.
5. Kept me from quitting when thesis advisers or others implied that my work wasn't up to snuff.
6. Planned entire move to postdoc institution with family (5 week old son, 2 yo daughter, cat and me) including finding the house, enrolling kids in preschool, getting nanny etc.
7. Doing all that again 2 years later when I started my faculty position.
8. Giving me tremendously helpful advice about how to spend money when starting my lab (Basically risks are good, spend money to make money) that has paid off with 3 NSF grants in 3 years.
9. Forcing me to learn more about commercialization and think about patenting the results of my work.
10. Planning most of our vacations and taking on most major household projects.
As you can see he is truly an amazing man.