There is only one of me
Well, things this quarter are crazy again, probably because I am teaching. I can say that it is in improvement over last year, when I was teaching this course for the first time, but it is still crazy. I calculated out that I spend about 1/4 of my time teaching, either preparing for class, meeting with students, or actually delivering lectures. Which leaves the rest of my week for all the otehr stuff I agreed to but probably shouldn't have.
Recently coming up or completed:
- Reviewed 2 articles
- Am writing part of a review article (way behind on this one)
- Written 2 pages for a big multi-investigator grant
- Reviews for a panel I am sitting on in two weeks
- Meetings for renewal of giant center grant I am part of
- Organized a women's group in my discipline
- Preparing a paper (on work that is almost two years old, gah!)
- Assist postdoc preparing different paper
- Overseeing 7 undergrads, and many of them are getting results, and getting close to papers
- co-troop leader for a daisy scouts troop
- on the fundraising committe at my daughter's school planning a massive event
- trying desperately to get my eyes examined (hard to drive, blurry)
- attending weekly counseling sessions for "behavioral modification" for my son who seems to have trouble not hitting, spitting, biting, etc.
How am I getting through this? Well, I spend at least an hour every night reading trashy romance novels (this really helps). I do yoga every other day, and I am trying to take every day one day at a time, focusing only on the things that are critically due that day and in the next few.
Eventually, the dust will settle (I think).