Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Itunes Meme

As seen over at science woman:

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

This is fun, and gives you an idea of the diversity of my ITunes collection (5.5 GB of songs, 1490 entries, just downloaded the new Prince this morning)

How does the world see you?
"Twist and Shout", The Beatles.
Hmmm...I am a little deaf so the shout makes sense, but I hope I'm not twisted. Maybe just that I'm pretty happy-go lucky most of the time?

Will I have a happy life?
"Look Who's Talking", Dr. Alban.
Gee not sure what this means. I *do* talk a lot, but I dont' know how this plays into my future happiness. Maybe I shouldn't even be asking the question because I am so lucky to begin with. I have a faculty position about to start, two kids, and a great husband. I'll shut up now.

What do my friends really think of me?
"Elusive Butterfly", Bob Lind.
This is actually a good one. I am pretty high energy so, flitting about like a butterfly describes my actions well.

Do people secretly lust after me?
"Take the Money and Run", Steve Miller Band
Umm, they only want me for my money? as a postdoc? I hope not, you can do better than that.

How can I make myself happy?
"The Streets of Laredo", Marty Robbins
Probably true. I am a native Texan, and we are an interesting breed. I miss Texas terribly and would like to return at some point.

What should I do with my life?
"Georgy Girl", The Seekers
Kind of bizarre. Song is about a girl who is sad and lonely. The boys don't pay attention. The song encourages her to find her inner self and open up. Maybe I should come out of my shell a little more.

Will I ever have children?
"You Sang to Me", Marc Anthony
Given that I already have children, this is a good one. I wish I could have more children, but sadly dear husband is not willing. I have been instead focusing on relishing the ones that I have. I take this as a reminder to cherish the lullibies that I have, rather than longing for new ones.

What is some good advice for me?
"Why Did You Come in Here Looking Like That?" Dolly Parton
Okay, I admit I have some serious fashion problems. Sounds like an excuse to head out to Ann Taylor and DSW.

How will I be remembered?
"Plan B," Keith Anderson
What does this mean? I am the backup? It's ashame I don't have a song titled rocking woman scientist!

What is my signature dancing song?
"Monkey and the Engineer," Grateful Dead
I am laughing hysterically right now. Does this mean I dance like a monkey? It is a catchy song, but dance song, I don't think so.

What do I think is my current theme song?
"Blues Before Sunrise", Eric Clapton
Well, I think it should be blues before May. If I don't get more data before I leave for my faculty position, I will be having the blues.

What does everyone think my current theme song is?
"Dirty Overalls," Woody Guthrie
I want a do-over. I don't even wear overalls. Maybe this refers to my labcoat which *could* use a wash, and I am crazy busy in the lab.

What song will play at my funeral?
"Levon," Elton John
Kind of a bizarre song. The main character has a son and names him Jesus. Then they sit around blowing up balloons until the old guy dies. I don't really think this is me. Not sure what this is suppossed to mean.

What type of men / women do you like?
"Black Magic Women/Gypsy Queen", Santana
Yeah I do like the bad boys, and I am into the whole boho thing.

What is my day going to be like?
"That Ain't No Way to Go", Brooks & Dunn
Well, hopefully this doesn't refer to my experiments. If anything goes wrong I will be in quite a bind.

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you download DR.ALBAN's new album "BACK TO BASICS" from iTunes?! Cause I've tried several (hundreds of) times and I couldn't.... :| I will give you all kinds of EURO dance in exchange. Thanx! :)

 
At 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please mail me at

drskit@yahoo.com

if you succeed

I would be so grateful

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?