Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Here...wherever that is

So I have arrived in town where panel review is taking place and am happy to say that I successfully reviewed all my proposals before they were due. I feel a little cross-eyed (not kidding here), but they are done.

In the process though, I realized that I really, really need to learn to say no.I was updating my CV for a proposal submission and decided to put in my panel reviews. It was then that I realized that I have been on 4 panels since early Dec. Umm...I probably need to concentrate more on funding myself and less on funding others. So I am resolving that I am accepting no new commitments until I get a few grants out the door.

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM , Blogger Janus Professor said...

That is a ridiculous # of panels! They will just keep asking you to go until you say no.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?