Dr. Mom, My Adventures as a Mommy-Scientist

Discussion of my journey from grad school to postdoc to tenure with two kids, a husband, (and a bit of breast cancer) in tow.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Are sure its not Monday?

Well, things lately have been fairly repetitive and kind of boring/depressing. All my grants from summer and fall were rejected. I need to write more, but I am hard pressed for time because I am teaching and also have a ton of things leftover from last qtr that didn't get done because I was teaching Class That Sucks The Life Out of Me. I've finally destressed, gotten most of those things done and am starting to think about grants. I am a little depressed. Am I going to work so hard to get this idea out only to have it trashed again, but I also know the best way to deal with stuff is to get back on the horse. So I guess I am off to write some grants (after I have office hours, meet with the seminar speaker, and teach my class)

3 Comments:

At 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how having Class that Sucks the Life Out of You can reduce productivity in other areas. Good luck with your next grant cycle.

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger EcoGeoFemme said...

Good luck getting back in the saddle.

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger stepwise girl said...

Good luck with getting renewed energy and enthusiasm.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter by Digits Who links to my website?